The on-site Helpdesk Support Specialist will provide laptop, desktop, and peripheral device support for all users.
This includes all San Jose offices and remote office in United States as well as visitors and VIPs from Korea.
IT Support staff engineers will respond to user's telephone calls and/or e-mail messages regarding computer software or hardware problems and walk users through ways to resolve the problem. IT support staff technicians will also repairs, installs and modifies computer software and hardware at sites users are located which may include IT equipment and services in conference rooms.
As a member of the IT Support staff team you will be required to participate in a rotating on-call team for after-hours and weekend/holiday support team which could include having to show-up on-site to after-hours and weekend/holiday to respond to IT Service Delivery issues.
IT Support staff members may be asked to lead projects and conduct technical evaluations which could include preparing and making on-site presentation to IT and Business Managers.
Essential Job Duties:
• Install and configure PC’s and Mac’s, printers and peripherals within established standards and guidelines
• Install new hardware and software upgrades requested from users
• Analyze and solve technical problems by using problem-solving skills
• Conduct analysis and troubleshooting via telephone, email and using remote assistance
• Resolve technical problems with computing equipment and software
• Assist visitors and VIPs with the ongoing usability of PC, peripheral devices and software
• Provide on-site technical support and end-user technical training at assigned sites which may include travel to remote sites
• Create and update Microsoft-based OS Image and Apple OS X for internal usage
• Create and update PE bootable Windows disc for deployment purpose
• Provide technical support for IT services in conference rooms
• Assist Samsung employees in company events, such as exhibits
• Install and perform maintenance on proprietary system/s
• May be asked to lead Projects and/or technology evaluations and make recommendations to Management team
• Able to travel up to 20% to remote offices in bay area (San Jose, Menlo Park, San Francisco), and other locations in US
• 2 year degree or better OR equivalent work experience • Working knowledge of fundamental operations of relevant software • 5 years of related experience • Sensitivity to working with an ethnically, linguistically, and culturally diverse environment
• High level of organizational skills and attention to detail
• Knowledge of Windows OS (7 and 10) in enterprise environment
• Knowledge of Mac OS in enterprise environment is highly desirable
• Familiar with Jamf Pro (Casper Suite) is highly desirable
• Understanding of PC technology (MS office, Internet, Windows)
• Project Management Fundamentals