DevOps Engineer - Job Description
We are seeking a highly motivated engineer to join the Cloud Native Group. We are building our next generation of microservices and application development, deployment, and operations approaches and tooling.
Although this position does not have operational responsibility, we are seeking software engineers with a passion for highly automated operations in support of rapid application development and deployment, sometimes described as “no-ops”.
Our strategy is based on open source, so we are seeking engineers with demonstrated experience in contribution to open source, either personally or professionally.
• Analysis, recommendations, research and usage of distributed systems: Our team is hands-on, and we believe that we learn by doing.
• CI/CD pipeline development and integration. We believe this is fundamental to operations automation approaches, and want all of our engineers to participate.
• Test automation development work (unit, functional, integration, e2e): All systems coming from our team require everyone on the team participate in test development. QA and testing is everyone’s job.
• Contribution and participation in open source projects: Our systems are heavily dependent on open source, and our strategy includes active open source development. You will be representing Samsung in open source communities.
Experience in one or more of the following subject areas is desired:
1. System integration and distributed system debugging
2. Virtualization and Containers
3. Block and object storage systems for VM/container systems
4. IP Networking or SDN
5. Operations automation tooling
6. Container and/or vm orchestration tooling
7. Data pipelines and analytics
• Must have experience in Linux-based systems
* Must have strong programming experience - Go programming is a big plus
• Must have excellent written and communication skills and capable of writing and delivering both presentations and technical papers.
• Must have practical experience contributing to an open source project.
• Must have a working knowledge the tools and frameworks utilized by the whatever project the candidate has contributed to.
• B.Sc. degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or related field is desired.
• Practical experience with the Go programming language is desired.
• Practical experience building systems on a public cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCE, etc.) is desired.